Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Bootylicious


The few years that I spent in a public high-school, I was never allowed to attend the dances. At the time I felt much like the odd one out, but thankfully my friends never held it against me and I was never ousted. But there is a deep need in every person to dance. Even when you think you are unable to bust a move, and are incapable of keeping a beat, you still will try... especially when you think know one is looking. Those moments are so perfect as you are being completely, wholly, truly yourself.

Since I was deprived of this venue as a teenager, I have made up for it quite a bit as an adult. Ok, yes I was allowed, encouraged guilted to dance in church. But really... you just can't 'get down' and shake your groove thang when your trying so hard to abstain from any appearance of evil. It is a completely different type of dancing you do in church, a good kind, a random shuffling of the feet, waving of the hands, and maybe some jumping or leaping. But sometimes a girl's just gotta get down. Feel the beat and shake her booootay.

All this to say.... I love going dancing. Blast that Brittany and Beyonce and let me work it out. I am not looking for anything else but a good beat with some great girlfriends and a fun night of breaking it down.

Although, I have encountered some weird things in this world of dark, sticky, sweaty, groovin' clubs. Most of those weird, yet absolutely hilarious, things come in the form of people, boys to be exact. Do you love to people watch? Hit the club. Its the best thing since Walmart.

This past weekend I took a little road trip to celebrate a dear friends birthday. After dinner, drinks and some fooseball we decided to do a little dance dance dance. The club we were at had a great atmosphere with a wide variety of people. Those kind are my favorite as they will always hold a random experience or two... and some fairly bizarre people.

Like the dude behind us who thought he was on top of the world as he played the "Air Bass Guitar" the entire night long. He probably could be a great bass player, if he actually had a guitar. You know all the ladies come a runnin' when you break out the air instruments.

Or the random dude (sporting a creepy mustache in support of 'Movember') who ran his hand through the back of my hair, then walked by and told me I have beautiful hair. Uhhhhhmmmm.... ok.

My favorite are the girls who've had just enough drinks to let go of just enough inhibitions and lose all sense of personal space. Yes. I love how you dance with your elbow banging me in the back of the head.

But then who am I to judge as I may or may not have broke out into the "Running Man" and other various old school rap dance moves (circa Fresh Prince of Belair) at some point in the evening. Like I said, sometimes a girl's just gotta break it down.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha ha this is soo true!!! thanks for the laugh and remembering some awesome memories of my own!!! Lora K