Monday, January 11, 2010

Lady Business


I have returned from the great, deep unknown of Holidays and Christmas. A few times I have tried to re-enter into the normal world, the world of routine and 50% off Christmas decorations, only to realize that its much more fun to stay snuggled under a blanket, obliviously watching way too much tv. Seeming that it is almost the middle of January, I figured I should start being responsible or something. Half of the Christmas decorations that my wonderful husband put up, have come down. The other half are outside, and its too cold to do much about that. Slowly but surely we are embracing the new year, hitting the gym, sorting out our schedule, our goals, our budget (barf), doing all those grand things you do in January. Our Holidays were joyful, slightly overwhelming but relaxing, and just long enough to appreciate our own house/beds upon return.

During the madness that is December, I was just busy enough to forget to do some feminine grooming. Taking care of my lady business, if you catch my drift. Generally, I am quite on top of such things, scheduling a routine wax appointment, (Yes, I am one of those women. Yes it hurts. Yes it's worth it) but since it is winter, top of my list it was not.

The Child, whom is wonderfully observant and extra chatty lately, was in the bathroom with me on that fateful day. We were taking a pee break from whatever we were doing. Visiting and eating Christmas baking at somebody's house I am sure. After he went to the bathroom, I took my turn. He is often quite distracted when I am in the bathroom with him. Washing his hands, or trying to unlock the door, or dancing and playing around. This time his eyes were on me.

The Child: "Mommy!"
Me: "Yes?!"
The Child: "Your vagina has a mustache!!!"
Me: "Uhhhh...I suppose it does.*slightly embarrassed and trying not to laugh* Thank you for pointing that out".

As we washed our hands and returned to whatever it was that we were doing, I made a mental note to schedule that routine appointment and take care of my lady business.
Ladies should not have mustaches.




3 comments:

{Kimber} said...

bbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaahaaaaaa!!!
so flippin' funny!!

Ry asked me one time why my "private" had fur?!
I could NOT contain my giggles!!!

Trish said...

I think I would scare the crap out of Eli then because my vagina has a mustache, full beard and side burns! Not to mention that my armpits are sporting a little goatee each. I think you should let your hair down every so often to get him aquainted with a little fur in the region. Imagine his surprise if that comes back into fashion and his first experince with a girl reveals soemthing he wasn't expecting. I'm just sayin'...

Anonymous said...

BUWAHAHHAHA how I love you....even if you had a mustache, beard and mullet! xoox kimlet