Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Return

After almost two weeks, I have returned to the great white north. Also known as home. The journey that I was on has really just begun. A whole new part of my heart has been opened, enlightened, some pieces still yet to be understood. But I received exactly what I was longing for deep in my belly. A shift, a change, a new understanding. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to tell the whole story, some pieces are meant just for those moments, held deep within my heart. But I will post pictures of my journey soon, they are still in the editing process.

Upon my return home, I realized just how amazing The Husband is. Of course, I've known since the moment I met him that he is not one to sit idle. The times that I have left home before, I've always returned to a clean home and usually a project or two finished, sometimes even a story or two about how he 'almost' bought this, that or the other thing. (He likes to make large purchases when I'm gone, thankfully I have friends spies who talk him out of it).

As we drove up to our house the other night from the airport, it sparkled with an array of Christmas lights, looking oh so cozy with all the garlands wrapped around the deck. Needless to say, I was impressed.

Then I walked inside.

The house was spotless. Even the closets were cleaned and organized. Any sign of clutter before (that drove me crazy) was gone. The Husband had gone on a different kind of shopping spree this time, a Christmas decoration shopping spree. It was like walking into a show-home. It felt absolutely amazing to walk into a clean, cozy, Christmas-y house. So I just had to share a few pictures with you, because we all know how much our partners love when we talk to our girlfriends about how amazing they are. :)





















The wreaths were hung





















Two trees are definitely better than one





















This bookcase was a disaster before I left...

















The last thing to be painted was our stairwell, and its now finished!






















Closets cleaned, the clutter is gone.





















The snowmen and baby Jesus are welcoming the Holiday season.

5 comments:

Mama4Real said...

Wow. People would pay for that kind of husband!

Amy Bilsky said...

So glad that your trip was exactly what you needed! What a beautiful, clean and CHRISTMAS house you have. I'll take J for a couple of project days next time you're away! (WOW!)

Amy Bilsky said...

PS. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for a new blog!

~Becky said...

How much will you rent him out for? Oh, and I'd like the house to come with him too. Jared, you are one fantastic husband....and interior decorator as well...shall I call you (insert gay lithp here) Jar-ED from now on, I hear in the metro world that's all the rage. ;) WELL DONE WELL DONE!! Love my man dearly, but this kind of thing would not even come anywhere close to entering his mind. You've got a keeper Sky.

{Kimber} said...

yeah...what's the rent price on this kinda thing?!