Thursday, June 03, 2010

Out of the Mouths of Moms!

OutOfTheMouthsOfMoms

Its true! The things that we say to our children are probably more comedic than what they say to us. Or at least it's a close tie! Mckmama (the creator of Not Me Monday!) has recognized the absolute hilarity of what us Mommies say on a daily basis, and decided its time to share.


"No, Spiderman doesn't live in Edmonton. He's not here, that's why you can't see him. He's just a pretend person in a comic book. I suppose he could live in Spiderman Land. No, I don't know where that is."

"You'll have to ask Grandma where Mommy came from. Where did you come from? You came from a lot of love. Sure, and poop and monsters."

"Well, when we die we're gone forever. I suppose we go up up up to the sky, really high. No one really knows for sure. I'm sure you'll still have your arms and legs if you're in the sky. Or, yes, you could just be a head, too. No, you can't come and visit me once you die. You might be able to see me. Ok, I suppose you can visit me if you're a ghost. I honestly don't know, sweetie."
(This was a very disturbing conversation, but one that I'm sure every child has. Just hard to talk about your child being 'died').

"You won't ever have boobies like Mommy. Only girls grow boobies. No, you won't turn into a girl. You're a boy and will always be a boy. Yes, because you have a penis. No, I don't have one."

"Mommy sent all the monsters back to Monster Island. No, they're not in your room. They're not allowed. No, I won't let them in my room. Ok, fine, just the nice monsters. Go to sleep. Yes, I'll see you in the morning for breakfast. Don't worry, I won't bump into people."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

pretty funny

sound like conversations with eli